- Posted: July 25, 2017Read more »
We’ll love to be fit. At the start of each new year, we commit to our best physique and make tall claims. From hitting the gym 5-days a week to staying off sugar, we adopt way too many a resolution, which we are not able to adhere. Setting fitness goals is one thing and achieving them is another. To ensure what we set, we achieve it too it is essential that we give ourselves realistic and achievable targets. We need to do a whole goal making thing instead of looking at things independently.
Let’s help you set and achieve your fitness goal.
1. Decide, what you want?
If you are setting a fitness goal just because your friend is doing the same, then well it may last just about a week or, do it because you want to do it and not under anyone’s else’s influence, otherwise it will be short-lived. You need to analyse if you want to shed those extra kilos or simply stay fit. More importantly, what is the significance of a particular workout? Weigh the pros and cons before you take the plunge. So, bring yourself to centre stage and decide for yourself.
2. Get Specific:
It is the key here. For some of us working out is easy over diet control and some like to balance. So, you need to analyse your comfort level. It gets quite difficult to push yourself beyond a point, so doing a self-assessment is mandatory. This will help you get specific. Whether you want to lose 10 kg with fitness exercises or fitness diet or a balance of both. This is not the end point. You must also asses if you can work out twice, thrice or four times a week. Whether it is possible to control your diet all 7-days a week or 5-days? Yes, it is truly important to narrow down and get specific about everything. If you think, you can go to the gym thrice a week and manage your diet well 5-days a week, then set your weight loss goal, accordingly.
Furthermore, if you truly want to make staying fit your mantra, then seek a professional’s help and understand the actual hindrance. It maybe a lack of proper nutrition or guided workout, which is working against you.
3. Measure your Performance:
With a dozen or more applications on your smartphone, tracking your fitness journey is super easy, now. You can easily check, compare and asses your performance through different fitness planner. From that weighing scale in your bathroom to that fitness tracker on your smartphone, you should make use of all these means to know how far you have succeeded. If there is no or little success, then change your meal plan or workout schedule. Regular monitoring will not only help you in your weight loss goal but also help with a better physique and more body stamina. Keep challenging your own previous records to realise your fitness goals.
4. Be Realistic:
You know yourself the best, so give yourself realistic targets, which you would be able to meet. Don’t expect 10kgs knocked off in the first month. It is unrealistic and unhealthy. In fact, most of us fail miserably in our staying fit journey because we expect miracles to happen overnight. Stay easy and love your body the way it is. Being fit should be your mantra and weight loss will happen naturally. So, if you think you can workout thrice a week and have a healthy diet 6-days a week, then expect 500 gm weight loss instead of 1kg. It is fine, as long as you meet that 500 gm target every week. Be reasonable with yourself and be realistic.
5. Set a Timeline:
Whether you want to lose weight or run that full marathon, give yourself a timeline. It is imperative that you set a target of say 5 kg weight loss in 2 months. Alternatively, challenge yourself that you will be able to run a full marathon, this fall. This will help you in becoming accountable for yourself.
6. Stay Committed:
You may be alone in this journey of staying fit, running a marathon or losing weight, which makes it essential that you stay committed. Don’t give up until you achieve your target. You need to stay committed and imagine yourself as the healthiest person in the near future.
Get going on your fitness journey. We at Sporto.in will keep sharing posts and blogs to keep you motivated and achieve your long term fitness goals. And of course pamper you with the best in class sportswear. Browse and order your fitness gym wear from sporto.in today.
- Posted: July 10, 2017Read more »
“Your body can stand almost anything; it is your mind that you need to convince.” This is absolutely true for running. It is your mind, which acts as a deterrent, way before your body. Have you experienced if you think you are tired, you suddenly start feeling more exhausted? Yes, such is the influence of your mind over your body. So, way before reaching the finishing line, your mind may signal you need to stop, while your body will still have the stamina. There are also studies, which suggest that running is 49% physical and 51% mental. So, your mindset plays an important role in achieving your running target. This makes it important that you learn the art and science of controlling your mind. It will be the key on how to prepare for a marathon? Here are some tips that can come handy in mental training for running.
1. Meditate Now: Meditation is the perfect way of controlling your mind. It is a way of knowing yourself way better than anyone else. Meditation helps you to establish that connect with your inner self. Simply close your eyes for a few minutes and chant a mantra, which you already know. Gradually, try to increase the time duration and reap the many benefits of meditation. It is the easiest and best way of getting that control over your mind and emotions. It will help you stay calm, when you feel pressurized due to the run target. During the race time, you need to stay calm to take well thought off decisions, so that you can perform your best. Meditation is definitely proven for endurance performance and should be included in your list of preparing for a marathon.
2. Runners Guild: Try to socialize with other runners. Joining a running group or connecting with runners through social media can give you the boost. Hearing stories of their success will help you achieve your targets, as well. The real life pro athlete’s anecdotes can go a long way in helping you accomplish what you thought was impossible.
3. Read & Achieve: If time constraints, then instead of taking the social route, you can read-up too. There are a lot of books and literature on pro athletes, which can work as your motivation guide. Read up such literature with real-time examples that can give you the push to set the goal you desire. It is definitely an important tips for running a marathon.
4. Stay Positive: The power of positivity cannot be undermined. So, staying positive is an absolute must. You will encounter challenges during the course of run time. It is for that moment that you need to learn how to stay positive. There will be major or minor obstacles that you might confront and being positive will be essential for that time. A positive frame of mind will help you overcome any hurdles and perform your best.
Running and mental toughness definitely goes hand in hand. So, when you plan for your run, building your physical stamina and having a control over your mind will be equally important. You should be able to counter the signals your brain is giving to your body. If your mind is stopping you from reaching the finishing line, your control should be such that you can still give it a shot. You should be able to convince your brain, that yes you can.
When you plan for your next run, try to have a 360-degrees focus. What you are eating and wearing also plays an important role? So, try to explore a comfortable wardrobe for your run day. Sweat-wicking T-shirts and tracks are well-suited for such days. You can get such and more variety of tracks, t-shirts and athlete jersey’s from Sporto.in. Browse through the complete range at https://sporto.in/products.html and have them home delivered before your next run.
- Posted: July 03, 2017Read more »
“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast”, and other such quotes are cited to ensure you eat a healthy and sumptuous breakfast. But is breakfast really that important? Does it help in burning those calories? Can it satiate your hunger pangs through the day? Such and many other inferences are open to question. It is such interpretations, which keep runners, gym and other sports enthusiasts often confused whether they should eat something before the run or hit the track, straight. Let’s help you with some of these myths and facts.
1. Break the Fast with Breakfast: We usually have 8-10 hours gap between our dinner and breakfast, which makes it important that you should eat something soon after waking up. It’s the way of telling your body to wake-up from slumber and not to use the stored fats and proteins when hunger strikes. So, having a breakfast is important for this reason rather than weight loss. Having your breakfast and expecting a weight loss is absolutely not linked. It is all about re-fueling your body for the day’s chores.
2. Eat before or after Workout: Most fitness enthusiasts are confused whether they should have breakfast before working out or later. Well, there are absolutely no rules as such. The best way is to test on your body for a couple of days. If you go for morning stroll or light workout, then eating your breakfast should not be a problem. But again every human body is different and can react to things differently. So, give it a try otherwise, try to eat a combination of protein and fat within 60 minutes of working out. Your metabolism levels will be up that time and eating that pan cake will be taken care.
3. Breakfast for Healthy Weight: Well, breakfast definitely gives you that energy in the morning but helping in maintaining a healthy weight is difficult to prove. Your weight loss or weight maintenance depends upon what you eat and at what time? So, if you have those muffins and cookies for breakfast every morning and expect a healthy weight, well it will never happen. Rather try to have a balanced breakfast with fat, carbohydrate and protein. It will give you the much needed energy and help you kick start your day on a healthy note.
4. King Size Breakfast: Once in a while, of course you can pamper yourself with a lavish, buffet for breakfast. But everyday breakfast need not be king size. The key to a healthy you lie in having small and frequent meals. So, don’t make it an excuse to overeat or to skip breakfast altogether. A small, healthy and wholesome meal is absolutely ideal to kick start your day. If you want that lean body, then eat small meals every two to three hours and compliment it with a workout of your choice. But always try to include some protein in your breakfast.
It is not that breakfast is the most important and lunch and dinner can be anything. You start your day on a clean slate and need to fuel-up your body with all the essential minerals, vitamins and nutrients, and the three main meals can help you in doing the same. So, try to have a balanced and wholesome meal throughout the day. Don’t treat any one meal like a king, you will only end up feeling bloated. Rather breaking the three meals into six small ones can be a great way of living a healthy lifestyle. And of course add some form of workout. Take up any workout of your choice and make it a part of your everyday routine. Eating healthy and working out is the key to a healthy you. Just the way you go grocery shopping online or offline, start doing it for your workout sessions too. Buying track pants for gym or sports jerseys for run can be a great way of giving yourself the push and staying in shape. You can look for such sporty wear from https://sporto.in/. With a wide range of options, you will have a lot to choose from. So, eat healthy, workout well and stay fit.