Albert Einstein said, “Only a life lived for others is worth living”. This beautifully sums up the power of giving back. But, how can you tweak it into your workout routine? Well, how about volunteering and working out a community exercise program? Research indicates people who volunteer tend to live healthy, both physically and mentally. So, how about clubbing the power of volunteering and work out. The beauty lies in helping others and yourself in return. Here is how you can get a workout, while giving back to the society.
1. Conduct Yoga Sessions: Lacking a yoga routine, but know yoga already? Well, then start conducting sessions in the garden or community centre near your home. Fix a time and you can practice, while preaching to others. Since, you will be the teacher, you will have to be there, every day, on time. This way you can establish your yoga routine, carry out urban health awareness and others will benefit too.
2. Coach a Young Sports Team: Know a sport and want to practice, then start coaching a young sports team. You can check for sporting opportunities near your place and sign up as a coach for the game of your choice. Don’t get time during the week, simply opt for weekend batches and train the generation next. While, you train, you will be able to practice too, and stay in shape. This way you will help in promoting physical fitness and awareness among children.
3. Running Buddy for a Disabled Runner: Volunteer as a running buddy at an NGO or school of disabled children. You can teach them different techniques, workout on development of fitness development program and guide them, so that they get a sense of achievement and fulfilment. There are also running events being conducted, the money of which is channelized for the welfare of the disabled. You can sign up for such charity runs and give back to the society.
4. Adopt a Pet & Walk: The power of walking to lose weight and for staying healthy is well established. So, if you are looking for a loyal companion, then adopt a pet who will drive you for that brisk walk every day. And we suggest, don’t buy rather adopt from a shelter home and give a homeless pet a home and love of a family. It can be a perfect senior fitness and exercise program.
5. Run & Inspire Others to Run: If you are already a marathon runner, then you can guide and helps others in running. Go volunteer at the local marathon and guide people or cheer them. You can also contact the organizers and pitch as a guide for others. Alternatively, you can conduct a fitness awareness program and inspire others to take up running.
With the above means, you can work out and inspire others to take up the charge of promoting health awareness in society. These means will help you achieve your fitness target and help others to fall in line too. In addition, to stay inspired work on your fitness wardrobe. You should keep investing in new, colourful workout wear and stay motivated to perform your best every day on the field or at the gym. If you are looking for comfortable and affordable options, then check the range by Sporto. There are vests, tracks and T-shirts, and you can pick as per your comfort and preference. View the complete range Sporto.in and khelte raho.