A good night’s sleep is essential for everyone. Whether you live a sedentary life or you are an athlete, your everyday performance will be impacted due to poor sleep. Sound sleep and even nap for that matter is important because when you sleep your body releases growth hormone, which repairs your muscles and benefits in various physiological processes. It is for this reason that some people swear by 8 or even 9 hours of sleep for maximizing their potential. But, not everyone has that kind of time. So, instead of increasing the sleep time it is essential to learn ways to sleep better.
Before, we get into the process of improvising your sleep tonight, let’s briefly understand the several stages of sleep that a body goes through every night.
So, instead of stressing over the sleep duration, one should focus on the sleep quality. Look at some sleeping tips here for a sound sleep tonight.
1. Meditate Before You Sleep: Calming your mind and body is the trick to that good night sleep. Instead of trying to sleep after going to bed, start the habit of meditation. It will help you to relax and is an easy way to fall asleep faster. So, keep 5 minutes aside every day before bed and feel the difference.
2. Set the Room Temperature, right: The room temperature needs to be set right for if you are having trouble falling asleep. If the temperature is too high or low, it will be difficult for the body to adapt. So, try to set the temperature to 21 degrees or a little lower to drop the body temperature quickly and settle into the slumber mode.
3. Keep Away All Gadgets & Electronics: Problem is not just the smartphone in your hand, which inhibits the sleep, but all the gadgets and electronics in your home. There are several studies and research, which indicate that the blue light emitted from TV, laptop, smartphones makes it difficult for you to fall asleep. So, try to keep away from all electronics at least an hour before you go to bed, if you want to improve your sleep naturally.
4. A Bedtime Story: Wondering what to do during the last hour before you go to bed? Well, give the books a try. Your best friend forever, try reading a book and see how quickly you will be slumbering. But, if you just can’t read, then download some application and enjoy listening to a story, rather than reading it. It is one of the best ways to get sleep.
5. Tune into Some Music: If you don’t like reading, then try listening to some calming music. It can help to improve the rest rate and REM sleep. You can search for different pre-sleep tracks and sleep your way to some comforting music. It is yet another natural way to fall asleep.
Using the above means, you can benefit with a good night’s sleep. In addition, try incorporating some form of physical activity. It is also a secret to good sleep. Yoga, gym or run, you can give any of these a try as per your preference and convenience. This will also help you to sleep better. If you are thinking how to get into the zone, then read this blog to get started. And if you are looking for the right workout wear too, then Sporto Red has a range to spoil you silly. You can view the range of track pants, capris etc. and have the perfect workout attire to get you going.